A Taiwanese tourist who was on vacation in Boracay was apprehended and fined after wearing a micro bikini that local authorities deemed "inappropriate". Staff at the hotel where the woman and her boyfriend were staying reportedly warned the couple about the risque outfit but ignored the advice. The woman attracted the attention of local authorities after her photos went viral and caused a stir on social media. The couple defended the attire saying it was a "form of art". The woman's boyfriend also said that it is "quite normal for [them] in [their] country and that was her way to express herself with confidence." Authorities however reminded visitors that "foreign tourists should observe proper decorum as a form of respect for Philippine culture and tradition."
- Tourist fined for wearing micro bikini in Boracay
- Boracay tourist fined for her nearly non-existent bikini
- Woman fined for wearing a teeny bikini on holiday in Philippines
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Tourist fined for wearing tiny bikini on beach in Philippines
- Tourist Fined for Wearing 'Tiny' Bikini on Popular Beach in the Philippines
Q1. Were you outraged by the Boracay tourist who wore an 'inappropriate' beach attire?
I have another opinion
Thanks for taking part
More PollsView All